What is the first thing any workshop needs? Tools? Right. Okay, even before tools, you will need a workbench. You could work on the ground, but that isn’t too good on your back. A workshop needs a functional and sturdy workbench. This free workbench plan comes from the folks who know a thing or two about a quality workbench. In fact, that is their name… “Workbench Magazine”.
When I consider a workbench, I have a number of criteria that need to be met.
- Sturdy – My bench should be built to last a couple of generations.
- Tool Storage – Having tools and hand is a big plus.
- True Surface – When gluing up, a true surface is a must.
- Clamp Ready – A nice overhang to clamp to.
- Power Source – It is always nice to get your juice right where you are working rather than having electrical cords strewn about
- Portable – Certainly not a must, but in a small workshop, this is a huge plus.
Well, guess what? This free workbench plan has all of the above. On top of that, it is attractive (if you go to the trouble). And a relatively straightforward build. Take your time and build it properly. There is nothing worse than working in a subpar environment.
Click on the picture to view/download the free workbench plan (filetype:PDF).