The P-51 Mustang was one of the best fighter planes from World War II. Add this P-51 whirligig to patrol your garden with these free plans.
Your material list is as follows:
- Horizontal Stabilizer and Wings: ½” x 11” x 30 ½” Exterior Plywood
- Fuselage: ¾” x 7 ½” x 24 5/8” Pine
- Propeller Hub (Optional, if Ordering Propeller Packager): ¾” x 2 5/8” x 3”
- Propellers (Optional, if Ordering Propeller Packager): 1/8” x 2 3/8” x 12” Plywood
- Single Engine, 3-Blade Propeller Hardware Parts Package
- Graphite Transfer Paper
- 5/8” x #18 Gauge Brads
- Sandpaper, 80 and 120 Grits
- Exterior Wood Glue
- Stain Blocking Primer
- White Exterior Primer
- Exterior Paint: White, Blue, Black, Yellow, & Silver (or Desired Choices)
- Polyurethane (Optional)
Your tools list for this mission are:
- Blades of Choice
- Drill with 7/64”, ¼”, and 5/16”- Diameter Bits
- Brad Driver
- Slotted Screwdriver
- Paint Brushes
There are patterns for the nose, cockpit, and tail. The patterns include painting details to recreate the whirligig of the photo. A quick search online and a little creativity can have you designing a different paint scheme to match your interests.
Click the link below to scramble your own P-51 whirligig.