Looks like we are on a theme this weekend. As with yesterday’s free plans, today’s free plan is for an outdoor play structure. Maybe a fort tower plan wasn’t for you. Well, today’s free plan calls for something a little more rustic.
The following plan is a simple log cabin
- 12 Pressure Treated 2x8x8′—1 for ridge board, 11 for floor joists
- 18 Pressure Treated 5/4x6x8′ decking boards—This is 2 more than you need
- 60 4x4x8′ Pressure Treated (or 3 1/2x5x8′ landscaping timbers)—Walls
- 15 2x6x8′ Pressure Treated—Roof Rafters and Ceiling Joists
- 3 4×8′x1/2″ Pressure Treated Plywood—Roof Sheathing
- 1 Square Roof Shingles (3 Bundles)
- 20lbs 3-3 1/2″ Galv. Nails or Screws for wall, roof & floor construction
- 5lbs 2 1/2″ Galv. Screws for deck board installation
- 5lbs Galv. roofing nails
One thing that I want you to keep in mind is that this is not an inexpensive project to build. To be frank, any cool outdoor structure that is built to stand the test of time (and kids) will cost a couple of dollars to build properly. This free log cabin play house plan will set you back around $1,000 depending on the lumber prices in your area.
This really is a unique structure. One thing that you should keep in mind when building a play house project is the future use possibilities. If you will be storing lawn tools inside once your kids are out, be sure the door is wide enough to fit your lawnmower. If you will be using it as a garding shed, or potting shed, consider a little taller plan now so that you have the headroom in the future. Food for thought.
Have fun with this great, AND FREE, play house plan (log cabin style).