Free Cupola Plans

Here is a great article on how to build your own Cupola.  These free cupola plans are from The Family Handyman magazine.  If you have ever admired the look of a structure with a Cupola, you will appreciate this free plan.  This is a very visual plan. Each step is accompanied by pictures to make this a relatively easy project to build.

The free cupola plans include a measured drawing that is in the classic Family Handyman format that includes a part exploded view with very clear measurements.

Free Cupola Plans

Free Cupola Plans

This cupola would look terrific on your garage or outbuilding.

11 Comments

1. wayne rankin says:

I want to build a cupola 4 feet long, 3 feet wide made of vinal, with glass windows all around, copper roof ,two lanterns and a weather vane. Are there free plans available? The roof it’s going on is 36 feet long with a 5 to 7 pitch.

Wayne

• admin says:

Wayne,
      Unfortunately, a free cupola plan is one of the more difficult to locate. I am not sure of the reason, but I would suggest that you locate a decent book on Cupola building from a site like Amazon.

Personally, if I were building what you are planning to, I would make an effort to modify the above plan.

Sorry that I couldn’t be of more assistance. Please let us know if you are able to locate something.

2. charles freeman says:

cupola plans

3. Jim says:

I have a four sided hip roof on my house that does not have a peak. Instead it ends short with a 4ft by 4ft square piece of plywood on top of it. It looks like something was there at one point and i would like to put something there since i will be replacing the roof next week. do you have any plans for a cupola that would fit there? the dripedge is appx 30 ft on all four sides.

4. howard dodd says:

do you have a plan for a six sided cupola for a gazobo

5. Brian Henkel says:

Do you have plans for a cupola for an 8 sided gazebo

6. jane says:

What are the exact measurents of this cupola? I need one built that is approx 30-36″ square at the base…can a carpenter adapt these plans easily? Thanks Jane

Trackbacks for this post

1. […] visiting! Here is a terrific project that should be a hit at WoodworkCity.com since our past free cupola plans were well received.  This cupola plan is a bit more rustic than the last and should suit a less […]