The picnic table is a terrific woodworking project that the whole family can participate in, take pride in, and also take advantage during the course of the year.
Many people find Woodwork City when looking for free picnic table plans, so I wanted to add a few options to the free plans that we have available here.
We get a number of calls for a hexagon picnic table. We are often asked about the hexagon table that pulls apart to fit a center section and seats 12. You can use the plans below to figure that table out.
Take a look at the picture of the table. The free plans are linked from the image. Good luck.
1) Plan 1 hexagon picnic table plan with single seats. A unique twist on the typical bench.
2) We may have included this free wood plan in the past, but the folding picnic table is a must have for those with limited space. The folding picnic table can double as a bench, splits for storage, or can be used as a single item when you are challenged for space for your picnic table.
3) Free hexagonal picnic table plan. This plan will allow you to create the extended picnic table. It will take a little bit of skill, some extra lumber and creativity, but this picnic table is suited to be a split table due to the shape.
4) Free kids picnic table plan. This free plan is a great project for the kids and can be used inside or out. Take care to sand the table properly. A kid with a splinter is not a good thing.
5) The final plan is a traditional picnic table plan and the plans are in video format. This video has the well known home improvement guru Eric Stromer. Stromer isn’t just a face on TV, he knows his stuff. A simple woodworking project that anyone can do. If you are a visual/audio person, the video is nice.
Good luck building one of the picnic tables above. There are a number of options to choose from. This is a great project that can be built with the help of the whole family. Have fun!