How many picnic table plans does someone need? Well, I do feel that the picnic table is a great woodworking project.
- It takes a low skill level. Even a beginning woodworker can build one.
- It takes a relatively small amount of lumber and hardware.
- Just a few basic tools are needed
- It can be a family project
- It should last for MANY years
This plan is from Home Depot and is very thorough. As with the other plans from the major retailers, you can bring in your material list and walk out with everything you need (tools included).
There is a nice additional feature that this plan calls for. There is a method used to create an arch at the end of the table. One rather simple technique does a lot to dress your picnic table up. The Home Depot plan doesn’t cover it in much detail.
Good luck and have fun.